Wednesday, September 5, 2012

T minus 2 hours and 50 minutes


Syd here again. Last time I blogged, I told you that I only had a few more days until I left for Paris. Well, folks, it’s here! Today is the day I fly out of Salt Lake to the city of lights. And love. And all other things wonderful. It’s pretty exciting. I’m sitting in the Salt Lake airport right now just waiting to board my plane! I’ve realized that it’s been weird, I haven’t felt nervous at all until today. But even today I don’t really feel all that nervous. It’s strange. Just excitement. It’s great. :)

This past week I was able to do all sorts of great things before leaving. I was able to go to Walker’s football game. It was so much fun! He started playing the same year I started school at BYU, so I’ve never been able to see him play. I always felt so sad about that. But now I have and I picked an awesome game to go to! They won 61-28 (I think), and I even got to see a deer run onto the field in the middle of the game. And we stopped at this rest stop called “The Legend of Big Foot” and that was pretty cool, too.

Then I came to Provo. This city really has become my second home. I’ve got a ton of second homes…haha. The list includes LA, Bouchon Bakery, and Provo, just to name a few. Anyway, I’ve been able to see all my favorite people here. I went to game nights, was social with people in my friend’s apartment complex, and went tubing down Provo River. I have never seen such a gorgeous day in my life. The trees all down Provo Canyon were changing colors and we were floating along down the river, just talking, soaking up the sun, and looking at this beauty that I don’t even have words to describe. And I lost a shoe. Actually, I lost it twice. The first time I caught it, the second time I didn’t and lost it forever. That was unfortunate. But it was okay, I got myself a cheap pair of flip-flops from the BYU bookstore, so that was cool. Yesterday I spent the day on campus and went to a few classes, met up with friends, and got fingerprinted for a class I have to take winter semester (part of our lab hours include sitting in on high school French classes so I have to have an official FBI background clearance check).

Every time I come back to Utah, I forget how incredibly beautiful it is. The mountains seriously blow me away every time I see them. Right now they are especially gorgeous with the trees all changing color. Oh, and the sunsets are amazing. We get amazing sunsets in California every once in a while that are so vivid that everyone stops and looks and then posts a facebook status about it. Those are the kind of sunsets that Utah has every night. I can’t even. And then they reflect off the mountains and turn them these crazy shades of pink and red and orange. Combine the light with the fall colors and it literally looks like the mountains are on fire. I will never get tired of it.

Anyway, so I’m leaving for Paris today. And that is what I wanted to say. And tell you that I love the Utah mountains. Sorry if this is all over the place. My mind won’t quite sit still long enough to let me focus. Ahh! Next time you hear from me, I’ll be in France!

Beaucoup d’amour,
Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment